“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life” Pablo Picasso
At 100 Braid St we believe that Pablo Picasso was absolutely correct and we agree with Julian from Soul Pancake, who said about that quote, “…that dude was on to something.”
Being creative can make you happier and The Science of Happiness – Art Therapy video makes a great case. You won’t just be happier if you create art but “when you engage yourself artistically and use your imagination, you can help regulate your blood pressure and your heart rate.”
We hope you will enjoy the video. And if after you watch it, you want to inject a little dose of happiness in your day, please follow the instructions below and try the experiment yourself.
The Science of Happiness – Art Therapy Experiment
And remember, you don’t have to be an “artist” to try this.
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate how happy you are at this moment.
2. Put your name on the top of a blank piece of paper.
3. Write out a list of things in your life that make you feel happy or supported.
4. Assign a color to yourself.
5. Assign a color to each of the things on your list.
6. Print out the body image pdf or have someone help you by tracing your body outline as they do in the video.
7. Use paint to create a circle in the center of the body that represents yourself.
8. Fill in the body with the different paint colors wherever they resonate for you.
9. Reflect on how each person or thing contributes to your life.
10. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate how happy you are at this moment.
Let us know how it goes for you.